Autodesk 3ds Max is one of the world's most popular 3D modeling programs.
The fields of application of this software complex are almost unlimited. It can be used to create entire movies containing 3D graphics, a variety of computer games, and in general, in any field that require modeling and use of complex three-dimensional models. The program provides comprehensive libraries of various textures, objects and images. For direct work with the two- and three-dimensional drawing as a part of the program there is the big list of the tools, allowing to create improbably difficult and detailed objects, to impose on them textures and to imitate use of various materials. There are a number of advanced possibilities for the creation of animation, including for the animation of movements of people and animals.
- Possibility of modeling with use of splines, B-splines and polygons;
- A set of 100 tools called Graphite that allows you to create any 3D model using polygons;
- ProOptimizer's proprietary point and edge manipulation technology;
- special smoothing tools to obtain carefully crafted parts of the object.
Possibilities of working with textures:
- Reflection of textures, stretching, blurring, etc;
- an editor for material modeling;
- The Canvas Viewport tool kit for drawing on three-dimensional models;
- a huge built-in library of materials.
- effective and precise animation and snap-in of bipedal beings and large groups of beings;
- Modeling the exact deformation of the skeleton during displacement;
- the use of non-standard skeletons for complex models;
- Animation with the use of layers.
Modeling of dynamics and effects:
- of clothing modeling;
- the application of any fur, hair or complex grass coverings;
- creating effects like water splashing, explosions, and techniques to control them.
- realistic images without the need to make complex adjustments;
- ActiveShade function to improve image quality and illumination;
- Pre-imaging with Quicksilver.