HipChat is a messenger that is perfect for both personal and corporate use. The developers themselves position it as a solution for small and medium-sized companies, where one employee has to work or manage several projects at once. For this purpose, the messenger supports chat rooms, which can be easily switched between from the side panel. Rooms are created inside the corporate server. They can be created both by the administrator and by ordinary users with the corresponding rights.
Like any other modern messenger, HipChat not only allows you to send text messages. Inside the rooms, users can send almost any file to each other, share links, use smileys, mention other room members through the symbol "@", and start voice and video calls. Unfortunately, group calls work only in the paid version of HipChat Plus. The basic version of the messenger only allows you to communicate with individuals in "voice".
The interface of the application is rather concise. The Windows version, unlike the HipChat mobile app, allows you to choose the basic color of the graphics. The messenger also has a full-featured web version. HipChat uses a powerful 256-bit SSL encryption algorithm to ensure the security of users and transmitters.
The program supports close integration with other solutions used in group work on the project *JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Scout).
- makes it possible to create separate (open and private) rooms inside the server;
- allows you to share files of any format;
- the messenger has mobile apps and a web version;
- Close integration with the various programs used in the group work on the project is supported;
- displays the preview of the page by link;
- allows the screen to be broadcast to other participants in the room;
- Group audio and video calls are available in the Plus version.