IntelliJ IDEA is a commercial application development environment. There is a free version of "Community Edition" with limited functionality and a full commercial version of "Ultimate Edition". The full version with active participation in the development of open projects is available free of charge. The "Community" version is distributed under the Apache 2.0 license and includes testing tools, version control tools, build software, and support for Java, Java ME, Groovy, Scala and Clojure.
The limited version also supports the development of programs for the Android system, there are tools for developing the user interface, XML-code editor, regular expressions, syntax check, import and export of Eclipse projects. "IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition easily integrates with bug tracking systems.
In addition to the standard set of Community programming languages, the Ultimate version supports PHP, SQL, Ruby, CSS, Python, HTML, JS. Work with Java EE technology and frameworks Hibernate, Rails, Google Web Toolkit, Spring are also present. Among the integration tools of Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Rational Clear Case and Perforce.
- smart editor recognizes the code, supports refactoring, code control, tracking intentional actions;
- Easy navigation and full support for Java 7;
- JUnit and TestNG integration, as well as UI testing tools;
- support for OSGI, Java EE, Google App Engine, Spring, Hibernate, GWT, Play, Struts and other technologies
- a full range of supported languages;
- Deployment and debugging with the help of specialized servers;
- additional tools to work with the code.