Betternet is a simple and, most importantly, completely free software solution that will help you change your IP address, thus making you anonymous on the network. In general, we are looking at a typical VPN client, but with a very simplified one. The user is not required to enter data from a prepaid server here. It just needs to open the program, click on the "Connect" button and the application will immediately connect you to the VPN. Unfortunately, it is not possible to choose the country of the server here, Betternet will connect you to the least "downloaded" one available at the moment. In general, the impossibility to choose the country of connection is the only restriction that distinguishes this program from paid analogues.
In addition to the desktop client, Betternet is also available as plugins for Firefox and Google Chrome. The additions work on the same principle as the program itself. That is, the connection and disconnection is done with one button only. There are no claims to speed and stability. It will be quite enough, for example, to use video services with regional restrictions, if because of the latter you can not work with them from your "real" IP. As you can see, Betternet has practically no drawbacks - it is a simple and convenient service. The program is also available on mobile operating systems.
- allows you to work with VPN for free, while connecting to it in one click;
- makes you anonymous on the network and allows you to use services that are unavailable due to regional restrictions;
- connects you to the most "free" server on your own;
- is available as a plugin for Firefox and Chrome;
- provides a high connection speed;
- does not collect user data for third parties;
- doesn't require registration.