Tomboy is a small, freely distributed program designed to create short notes. The program is quite easy to use, but, despite the seeming simplicity, has a wide range of options. The functionality of the application is focused on the maximum convenience in working with the program. The key differences between the presented program and analogues include simple text formatting (changing the size, font color), the presence of a search system for notes, the ability to combine notes into sections. The latter feature is incredibly convenient when accumulating a large number of notes.
Besides, Tomboy has spell-checker, but for its normal operation it will be necessary to include a special package - aspell-ru. It is also possible to assign hotkeys for the most frequently used functions. Another useful feature of the program is the ability to synchronize notes with the Ubuntu One storage, or with any other cloud storage, or with a local folder.
- simplicity and ease of use;
- You can synchronize with SSH, WebDAV or Ubuntu One;
- a set of standard functions for text editing;
- the possibility of setting up hotkeys;
- an impressive number of settings;
- a large number of plugins that extend the program's capabilities;
- multiplatform and support for all versions of Windows.