XMail & mdash; is a small cross-platform mail server for local and global networks. Its core capabilities include multi-domain (including virtual), anti-spam, virtual user support, as well as customizable email filters and a modular architecture. The standard SMTP protocol is used for sending messages, and for receiving POP3, and if necessary, the messages can be sent to external mail servers.
The server supports add-ons that allow you to extend the functionality (XMail Tools are called XMail Tools by the extension developer), among the most popular ones: SpamAssassin - a tool to combat spam, Web Frontend - a utility to manage the server through a web-interface and AV and SPAM filters - spam filter and antivirus.
It is necessary to tell that for the inexperienced user adjustment XMail can appear the nontrivial problem demanding serious acquaintance with the documentation, and all management in a base complete set is carried out through a command line and configuration files. Source codes of the program are available for developers.
- Built-in functions of ESMTP/ESMTPS, POP3/POP3S and Finger servers;
- Ability to work with external servers to send and receive mail;
- the ability to work with multiple domains;
- Virtual accounts support;
- anti-spam protection by blocking IP and spam databases;
- modular architecture;
- detailed documentation;
- distribution under the GPL v2 license.