HD Tune Pro
is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
HD Tune Pro provides an easy way for users to monitor the performance of their hard disks.
* Benchmark: measures the raw performance
* Transfer Rate: measures the data transfer rate
* Access Time: measures the access time
* Burst Rate: measures the burst rate
* Hard Disk Health: checks the health status using S.M.A.R.T.
* Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
* Temperature display: shows the drive temperature
* Power Off Standby: safely powers down the drive
* Write Benchmark: tests the performance of the drive during writing
* Secure Erase: securely erases all data on the drive
* AAM/APM: enables/disables the Automatic Acoustic Management and/or the Advanced Power Management
HD Tune Pro
also provides a comprehensive set of features for analyzing and optimizing the performance of hard disks and SSDs.
Data Transfer Rate
The data transfer rate test measures the sustained transfer rate of a drive. HD Tune Pro is able to measure the read and write speeds of hard disks and SSDs. It also displays the Minimum, Maximum and Average transfer rates as well as the Access Time and Burst Rate.
The error scan tests the surface of the drive for errors. HD Tune Pro can detect and display the number of errors found, the total size of the scan, the transfer rate of the scan, and the time taken for the scan.
Hard Disk Health
The hard disk health test uses the S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) feature of the drive to check its health status. HD Tune Pro can display the S.M.A.R.T. information of the drive, such as the temperature, the number of hours the drive has been in use, the number of power cycles, etc. It can also display the health status of the drive (e.g. Good, Warning, Caution, etc.).
HD Tune Pro can display the temperature of the drive in real time. The temperature can be used to assess the health of the drive, and to ensure that it is not being over-heated.
Power Off Standby
The power off standby feature safely powers down the drive when it is not in use. This helps to reduce power consumption and prolong the life of the drive.
The write benchmark tests the performance of the drive during writing. It can measure the write speed, the access time, and the burst rate.
HD Tune Pro can securely erase all data on the drive. This feature is especially useful for protecting confidential data.
HD Tune Pro can enable or disable the Automatic Acoustic Management (AAM) and/or the Advanced Power Management (APM) features of the drive. AAM helps reduce noise levels, while APM helps reduce power consumption.