K-Lite Codec Pack is a super popular set of codecs and media utilities, which are needed both for playing movies and music on computers in media players and for processing audio and video files in media editors, which, in most cases, use only third-party plugins, decoders, filters and codecs.
K-Lite Codec Pack is produced by developers in several variants differing in its composition: Basic, Standart, Full, Mega and 64-bit (for systems of appropriate row size). The best of them (but, thus, more resource-intensive) is considered a megapackage as it contains the most that there is a full set of the major components: Media Player Classic (MPC-HC), a complete set of various audio/video codecs, decoders (ffdshow), filters, parsers, as well as media framework DirectShow and, of course, various media of those. Utilities that are sure to be useful for users in many audio and video applications.
The maximum megapackage K-Lite guarantees to the users who have installed it on their machines that the computer will be correctly opened and played through any player, audio and video files of any, even the rarest and less popular formats!
- Regular and accurate updates to ensure that the most relevant and correctly functioning components are included in the package;
- A simplified and user-friendly interface that guarantees ease of use of all K-Lite applications and components to the maximum extent possible;
- K-Lite codec package works correctly with all third-party media applications (players, media centers, editors, etc.) using DirectShow;
- Easy and fully customizable installation;
- Correct uninstallation, which removes all software content installed in the package, as well as cancels all changes made in the system (including the registry).