Kindle for PC is a free desktop application that allows you to read Kindle books without the e-Reader itself. If you already have a device of the same name or use the Kindle iPhone software, the Whispersync Amazon technology automatically synchronizes all settings between all the devices used. Whispersync automatically syncs your bookmarks, notes and highlighted text between devices registered with your Amazon.com account. When you open a Kindle book on any other device, you just read it from where you left off, reading it on your smartphone, e-reader or PC. Whispersync is enabled by default. To manually synchronize bookmarks when using the Kindle for PC application, go to the homepage and press the Menu button at the top of the page, then select Sync and Check for New Items.
- Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books from the Kindle Store;
- free trial reading of any books before their purchase;
- free access to previously purchased, downloaded and deleted books in the Amazon archive, which is located on the servers of the resource;
- Automatically synchronize all Kindle application settings between any device;
- View notes and highlighted text on Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone and iPod touch;
- Change font size, book page color and screen brightness.
Windows 7 users only:
- to scale the text with gestures;
- turning the pages with your fingers.