R-Studio Data Recovery is a software for recovering accidentally deleted files in cases when it is impossible to recover files by standard methods. R-Studio Data Recovery is the most comprehensive file recovery solution for FAT12/16/32, NTFS, NTFS5 systems. However, it also works on Macintosh, Linux and FreeBSD.
The program carefully analyzes the structure of the discs for the presence of files that can be fully/partially recovered, and displays those found in a clear tree list. It is distributed on a paid basis and puts forward rather strict restrictions in the demo version.
R-Studio Data Recovery can recover files:
- removed without saving in the basket, and also after cleaning the basket;
- ...removed by viruses and lost in the wake of a power outage;
- after partitioning the disk and reformatting the file system;
- from hard drives with broken sectors. In this case, R-Studio Data Recovery can create an image of the entire disk or part of it and then find the files in the image;
Supports RAW format digital camera files.
- currently supports Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, and Sigma camera files;
- R-Studio Data Recovery can show data that has been deleted but is still on the hard drive in the real file/folder structure. Or it can display the list of files available for recovery in the view sorted by extension/creation date/last access date;
Unknown file types.
- new, previously unknown file types can be added to the type database by the user;
Support for mass file recovery.
- R-Studio Data Recovery is able to apply recovery settings to all found files and restore them automatically;
- you can specify the file search criteria in the file search dialog box;
Supported file systems for files.
- FAT12/16/32, NTFS, NTFS5 (Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista), HFS/HFS+ (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2FS/Ext3FS (Linux);
Support for non-standard RAID configurations.
- R-Studio Data Recovery allows you to specify special parameters such as block size and order, offset, and even the number of consecutive blocks. A visual editor is provided to indicate the order of the blocks;
Compression of disk images.
- When creating images of a disc or a part of it, you can compress them or split them into several files for burning to CD/DVD/Flash.