Skype is a program for voice and video calls. This means that you can call from your computer to your computer, as well as from your computer to your mobile and landline phones. Text messaging is also available. In order to start using Skype, you need to register on the site. You can access this site by clicking on the link above or through the authorization window at the bottom of the page, which offers you to create an account. The next step is very simple: find your friends through a search, add them to your contact list and call them using the microphone and camera.
You can call the phones only after refilling the account. The rest of the calls are free. The price of calls varies from the country you want to call, but in general you can say that Skype is a competitive alternative to conventional international calls. Recently, the group video service has become free of charge. You can create a virtual meeting with your friends from the comfort of your home. You can also use this feature to create video conferences with colleagues and partners. Other conveniences include transferring files directly to a text chat room, quickly sending contacts via chat (drag and drop a contact into a chat room to share them) and demonstrating the screen to the other party. Skype has become a very popular tool and is now used to communicate with clients, conduct training sessions remotely, for calls to various support services, etc. Unfortunately, there are some unpleasant features. It should be noted that after the service became Microsoft's property, there are occasional problems with the client (there is even a special instruction to restore the normal operation of the program), as well as problems with servers that sometimes work unstable.
With the spread of smartphones Skype has successfully migrated to mobile devices, and now you can call from phone to phone via Skype, as well as from phone to computer and back.
- group and individual calls (with or without video);
- a huge number of users, which makes it suitable for different purposes;
- gradually becomes not only a means of communication with friends, but also a tool for consulting clients, communicating with partners, etc.
- There are versions for mobile devices, you can always have Skype with you;
- you can sign in to your Microsoft account and also sign in to your Facebook account;
- Reasonable rates for calls to mobile and landline phones (especially abroad).