Gramps is a free multifunctional program designed to create a genealogical tree, manage and study the history of the family. The program allows you to specify the most detailed information about each family member, such as name, nickname, additional names (for example, at birth), gender, title, photo, events (eg, birthday), various attributes, notes, addresses, up to links, photos or significant places on the map. The tree is built using a nice graphical interface. All the necessary connections, search, sorting, grouping by various parameters and much more are supported.
The program also provides the ability to create relationships between specific people, add notes or events to them, import and export information in several formats, and so on. Besides, it is possible to use the program not only for creation of family trees, but also, for example, for creation of hierarchical structure of any enterprise. The main window of the program is divided into tabs, each of which displays certain information that you can work with. New objects are added in separate dialogs.
- you can set a large number of different parameters for each person;
- creating a relationship between people, with the addition of notes and events;
- a nice graphical interface;
- support for exporting and importing data from different file types;
- full localization to Russian;
- the ability to use the program to build other hierarchical structures.