In fact, SPD conveniently combines Web Expression elements with Microsoft's Visual Studio development tools. Visual Studio, even in its modest variations (Express or LightSwitch), has a very wide range of programming capabilities. The latest version of SharePoint Designer has about 40 ready-made scripting blocks for web pages. It means that now the program can be used more or less well by ordinary experienced users, not only by professional developers. In addition, SPD 2013 can be used not only as a SharePoint site editor, but also as a sandbox (training software) to develop SharePoint applications.
- Visual Studio development environment (Visual C++,C#, F#, Basic.NET);
- working with SQL databases;
- a large number of ready-made script execution blocks;
- ability to quickly develop and implement solutions in SharePoint websites;
- the ability to work with the program for users who are not familiar with the principles of writing program code.