The program is designed to protect U3 smart drives from viruses and other forms of malware. The avast! U3 edition is designed to protect U3 smart drives from viruses and other forms of dangerous software. The U3 platform is configured to save your workplace, including all your programs and data. But she makes them very vulnerable. The program can be used both at home and in the office; and it can also be used at the university, school or internet cafe.
Avast! allows you to use your U3 smart drive knowing that the data is protected from infections. The avast! U3 edition works with any U3 device to ensure that your U3 smart drive is protected from viruses and host infections. If you have a Sandisk U3 flash drive, you can buy Portable Avast! At a special discount on the developer's website.
- The latest version of avast! antivirus has special detection properties as well as high efficiency. You can count on 100% detection of viruses in vivo (viruses that have already spread among users) and excellent detection of Trojan horses;
- The antivirus engine is ICSA Labs certified; it often takes part in Virus Bulletin tests and very often receives a VB100 award;
- The avast! engine is also capable of unpacking files and can scan the following files: ARJ, ZIP, MIME (+ all similar formats), MAPI (Outlook pst files), DBX (Outlook Express files), RAR, TAR, GZIP, CAB, BZIP2, ZOO, ACE, ARC, LHA/LHX, TNEF (winmail.dat), CPIO, CHM, RPM, ISO, 7ZIP and SIS. It also supports some packers (e.g. PKLite, Diet, UPX, ASPack, PeShield, FSG, MEW, etc.);
- can also scan for viruses and other types of malware that are hidden in Alternate data streams in the NTFS volume of the host machine.
Protection against viruses:
- Anti-virus protection (known as resident protection or access scanner or real-time protection device) is the most important feature of an anti-virus program today. avast! It has a powerful resident protection that allows you to detect harmful programs before they infect your U3 smart drive and cause any harm, even if you don't login as an administrator on your hosting machine;
- The file system protection module prevents viruses from being stored on your U3 drive, and even if a virus has been detected, you have the ability to remove it immediately;
- Even before the virus protection starts, the host machine is thoroughly scanned for security. If an active virus is detected on the host machine, it is recommended to shut down.
- Automatic update is another important detail of virus protection. Both the virus database and the program can be automatically updated. Updates are critical, only new or missing data are uploaded, thus reducing the download volume. The standard size of the antivirus database is dozens of Kb; the program is usually updated within hundreds of Kb;
- the update is performed automatically after connecting the U3 smart drive (if there is an internet connection), it can also be done manually, at any time later, from the program interface.
- The software comes with a simple and user-friendly interface and comprehensive online help. The whole system was designed in such a way that a deep knowledge of computers and computer security is not needed to manage the program. Most tasks are defined in the program, so that it can automatically perform actions without asking any questions;
- an icon appears on the toolbar during virus protection operation. By clicking on it, you can easily access any part of the program.