ProgDVB is an advanced multifunctional solution designed for viewing TV (from the Internet or from a local source) and Internet radio.
Of course, the main function of the program is to watch TV programs and listen to Internet radio stations. This mode of operation supports more than 4000 channels. The ProgDVB can also work with your existing TV tuner. The following formats are supported: DVB-S (Satellite TV), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable TV), DVB-T, ATSC, and ISDB-T. The program is also able to output images from analogue TV tuners, as well as play any video files from your computer's hard drive. Multiple devices from different manufacturers are supported, with support for DiSEqC and CAM functions.
The set of additional functions of the program is typical: it is an output of the program of broadcasting of programs, imposing of subtitles, broadcasting of channels on a network, a teletext. The sound can be adjusted with the built-in equalizer. The program interface supports various design themes.
The features of the free version of ProgDVB are not inferior to those of the paid version. It doesn't have the possibility to use the "picture in picture" function, it doesn't have a scheduler and it doesn't have the possibility to record TV programs.
In the ProgDVB video settings, you can replace the Elecard MPEG-2 codec with another codec in the system, for example, from CyberLink or NVIDIA PureVideo. (the quality of the picture and the quality of recorded TV programs depend greatly on the codec used)
ProgDVB can also work with some versions of FFDShow.
On the ProgDVB developer's website you can find other versions of the program, including a professional edition with additional features.
Support for different data sources:
- Internet TV and Radio. About 4,000 channels on the list;
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, ATSC, ISDB-T;
- analogue TV;
- playback from a file.
- High-resolution TV, including H.264/AVC;
- Picture-in-picture support, as well as independent simultaneous playback/recording of multiple channels from one or more devices
- support for most DVB, ISDB-T and ATSC standards, including support for DiSEqC and CAM interfaces
- support for all digital audio formats: MPEG, AC3, AAC, etc;
- Time shifting using RAM or a hard disk for the buffer;
- Ten frequency equalizer;
- playback from a disc;
- teletext support;
- subtitles (teletext, images);
- support for VR, VMR7, VMR9 and EVR output modes, including OSD regardless of channel type and signal availability;
- network broadcasting;
- skin for OSD and GUI;
- works with Win32 and Win64;
- localization of interface languages.
Currently works with DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T, DVB-C cards of the following manufacturers:
- Anysee (E30S Plus,...)
- AverMedia DVB-S;
- Azurewave (TwinHan) (VP-1027, VP-1034, VP-1041,...);
- BroadLogic 2030/1030;
- Compro VideoMate DVB-S;
- Digital everywhere FireDTV/FloppyDTV;
- DVBWorld USB2.0 DVB-S/DVBWorldDTV(PCI-Sat), Acorp TV878DS/DS110/DS120, Nextorm NBS240/NSC120;
- GeniaTech products (Digistar DVB-S PCI, satbox, TVStar, Digistar2, Digiwave 103G,...)
- Kworld DVB-S 100 is compatible (Vstream, Dynavision...);
- LifeView FlyDVB;
- Netcast DVB;
- NEWMI Advanced DVB;
- TBS Q-Box;
- Telemann Skymedia 300 DVB;
- [email protected] usb box.