Rufus is a simple utility that allows you to format and create bootable USB drives. The latter are used to install operating systems and run some programs. The application detects all supported drives by itself and displays basic information about them. It also allows you to analyze the flash drive for broken sectors and change its identifier.
Working with the program is very easy. First of all, you need to insert a removable drive, select the necessary image using the file manager and click on the "Start" button. Depending on the supported recording speed and the size of the image being recorded, this process of creating a boot disk can take from a couple of minutes to a half an hour.
- Supports any size of USB storage device;
- allows us to identify broken sectors;
- has a very simple user interface;
- allows you to format the drive;
- is distributed completely free of charge.