Vector Magic is a convenient raster to vector image converter. If not to go into technical details the basic difference of a vector drawing from raster consists in absence of effect of "pixelisation" at scaling. That is, such images are easily "stretched" to the right size without losing quality. With the help of this converter you can "vectorize" literally in a couple of clicks. Simply load a bitmap image in JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD or TIFF format into the program, press the "Next" button, choose the "Fully Automatic" mode and get a vector image.
In addition to fully automatic mode, the Vector Magic supports semi-automatic ("Basic") and advanced ("Advanced"). In the semi-automatic mode the program will require you to specify several input parameters of "vectorization". In particular, the type of image (photo or logo), its quality, and the amount and type of color mixing. The "Advanced" mode differs from the "Basic" mode only by the need to select a palette type.
Vector Magic can also process images in batch mode, i.e. apply the selected parameters to several images at once. It should be noted that when loading a large number of files into the program, the process of their "vectorization" can take a lot of time (especially on weak computers). Source formats include EPS, SVG and PDF.
Despite the name of the program, "magic" does not occur when vectorizing images. Quite often, graphic artifacts appear on the original images, and even the change of processing mode does not help to get rid of them. In general, the Vector Magic is certainly a very powerful, but far from perfect converter.
- conversion of raster graphics to vector graphics;
- Fully automatic, semi-automatic and advanced modes;
- Adjust the zoom for the original image;
- reverse transformation (vector graphics to raster);
- several important parameters that help to avoid the appearance of graphic artifacts and segmentation;
- batch mode support;
- Export raster images in JPG, TIF, GIF, BMP and PNG formats;
- Export vector images in EPS, SVG and PDF formats.