Winmail Opener is a great utility that allows you to read the contents of TNEF encoded emails.
This means that if you receive an email with the winmail.dat file to your e-mail address, you can use Winmail Opener to view the contents of both the text message and the attachments.
It is worth noting that you can get the winmail.dat files from users who use Microsoft Outlook (97, 2000). The winmail.dat files themselves contain all documents attached to the e-mail, as well as a text message.
Unfortunately, not all client programs support the TNEF format, so to avoid installing a cumbersome application like Microsoft Outlook on your PC, you can use a small utility called Winmail Opener.
- supports the text of the message saved in RTF format;
- To open TNEF encoded files, you can drag and drop them directly from Explorer to Winmail Opener;
- You can drag and drop attachments from Winmail Opener into Explorer and similar applications to save them to any location on your hard drive;
- the program allows you to manage attachments using the pop-up menu (Open, Open to, Copy, etc.);
- supports command line for batch decryption of data;
- It should also be noted that this utility has a small size and does not require using a large amount of system resources.