Aegisub program is absolutely free of charge an open-source product, which is designed to create and edit subtitles compatible with Medusa Subtitling Station, adjust timings, adjust font and color parameters.
Thanks to a large number of special tools, in addition to the generally accepted, user-friendly and intuitive Aegisub user interface - the most advanced SSA/ASS subtitle editor in the world.
A convenient system of assistance, including the "Step by step" training system, will allow even a beginner to master Aegisub in a very short time.
- supports the following encodings: Unicode, UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16LE and UTF-16BE;
- supports import from more than 30 non-Unicode formats, including Shift_JIS, which will allow you to work with any subtitles regardless of your system settings;
- supports subtitle loading in Substation Alpha (.ass), Substation Alpha (.ssa), Subrip (.srt) and formatted text (.txt) formats;
- full conversion from SRT to ASS;
- several levels of the Cancel function;
- The Powerful Automation module allows you to create karaoke subtitles using Lua scripts that include a syllable effect similar to AssCalc;
- the syntax highlighting;
- a set of fonts for your projects is saved in the script folder;
- DirectShow support for viewing your subtitled videos via AviSynth using VSFilter;
- support for the use of anamorphic video;
- Frame Rate video variable for time encoding (v1 and v2), including export process;
- Display the coordinates of the mouse cursor position or simply automatically position the subtitles;
- Audio mode supports mp3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AC3, etc;
- Powerful sound functions in playback mode include full karaoke support.