is an open-source relational database system implemented entirely in Java. It is based on the Java, JDBC, and SQL standards. It has a small footprint that makes it easy to embed in any Java-based application. Apache Derby
is an ideal choice for developers, providing the perfect combination of power and simplicity.
Using Derby provides an easy-to-use, lightweight, and embeddable relational database solution.
• Fully embeddable: Derby can be embedded in any Java-based application, allowing developers to easily add relational database capabilities to their applications.
• Small footprint: Derby has a small memory footprint and low overhead, making it an ideal choice for applications with limited resources.
• Platform independent: Derby works on a variety of platforms, including Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
• Open source: Derby is an open source project maintained by the Apache Software Foundation.
• Security: Derby provides a variety of security features to ensure the safety of your data.
• Transactional support: Derby supports transactions and provides a mechanism for rolling back transactions if something goes wrong.
• SQL support: Derby provides support for many SQL features, including stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions.
• High performance: Derby is designed to provide high performance, allowing your applications to access data quickly and efficiently.
• Data replication: Derby supports data replication, allowing you to replicate data across different databases.
• Tool support: Derby provides a variety of tools to help developers manage their applications, including a command-line interface, graphical tools, and a Web-based console.
• Scalability: Derby is designed to be scalable, allowing your applications to handle increasing amounts of data without sacrificing performance.
• Extensibility: Derby supports a variety of extensions, allowing developers to add features and capabilities to the database.
• Easy to use: Derby is easy to use, providing an intuitive user interface and straightforward SQL syntax.
• Cost effective: Derby is free to use and distribute, making it a cost-effective solution for your applications.