Unfortunately, the project is currently frozen and it is not known whether it will be further developed.
Bred 3.0.3 - text editor, designed to replace the standard Windows notebook. The application allows you to work with text documents in two-panel mode, supports ANSI, KOI8, OEM, UNICODE encodings and can instantly convert text from one encoding to another. Supports line breaks, syntax highlighting, text search and replacement, undo and repeat actions. Bred can associate itself with the most common document formats (TXT, HTML, BAT, REG, etc.) and run automatically when trying to open such files. With Bred, the user can quickly insert the current date and time into the text. The program toolbar is configurable.
- Free for Russian-speaking users;
- Compact size and fast start-up;
- Understands almost all Cyrillic encodings (ANSI, KOI8, OEM, Unicode);
- Ability to instantly convert text from one encoding to another;
- Support plugins;
- Syntax highlighting (insistently);
- Automatic word transfer (configurable);
- Highlighting of HTML tags;
- Undo changes (limited to available memory only);
and a lot of other possibilities.