CloneSpy is a utility designed to find and remove duplicate files that clog the hard drive. As a result of scanning, a list of duplicate files is formed, which will free up additional hard disk space.
While searching for duplicate files, CloneSpy checks the checksums, ignoring the date and time of creation, which allows for high accuracy and speed. It is possible to configure the program to search for files with the same names. This is useful when you have multiple versions of files and you want to find everything to find and remove older versions.
CloneSpy can also generate checksums for files on a CD to check if such files already exist on your system.
CloneSpy can find the following files:
- duplicates files with equal checksums (identical in content);
- duplicates + with the same names;
- with the same names;
- having the same names and (approximately) the same size;
- files whose size is 0 bytes.
After finding duplicates or very similar files, CloneSpy can do the following
- to remove them;
- to be moved to a separate folder;
- save the list of all identical files without deleting them;
- display the file deletion in the BAT file, where you can select the operations individually;
- Replace the same files with a key combination or link.