Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor is a fairly young program that is able to find all kinds of gaps in your Wi-Fi network, trying to penetrate it both inside and outside. The verification process does not affect the operation of the network itself. The program studies the network message dump and tries to recover saved WPA/WPA2-PSK passwords. The main principle of the application is to audit and recover passwords for some time. If no password has been defined for this segment, the entire wireless network may well be considered secure.
A distinctive feature of Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor, which distinguishes it from its competitors, is the availability of a patented hardware acceleration technology that allows you to reduce the time of password recovery WPA/WPA2-PSK by several times. With the support of several graphics accelerators, the program allows you to create a server with minimal financial investment, comparable in power to small supercomputers. Such features of the application are really impressive.
- allows you to capture handshake packets in a wireless network;
- determines the degree of security of the network;
- determines the security level of WPA/WPA2-PSK passwords;
- uses hardware acceleration technology;
- is able to launch powerful attacks that allow you to identify all kinds of network vulnerabilities.