ICE Book Reader Professional is a very popular and feature-rich e-book reader. It supports almost all formats in which ebooks are currently available: TXT, RTF, HTML, DOC, PDB, PRC, LIT, FB2 and many others. All the encodings supported by your operating system are supported. Moreover, the program can display files directly from ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LZH and HA archives without the need to install archivers. In addition, the program can be used as a teleprompter. If desired, it can be used to convert books from one format to another. It is the first program that does not use Microsoft Reader / HELP modules to display the .LIT and .CHM formats.
A very useful and significant function of the program is to maintain its own book database, i.e. a library. All documents are automatically placed in this library when they are opened. It is possible to easily search by author, title, genre, and other fields. If this data is not available, the program uses Internet access to find the missing information.
However, omnivocity and the library are not all. The program takes care of your eyesight and offers many functions for more comfortable reading. There are both text smoothing and several scrolling options for books. Particularly interesting is the automatic scrolling, which adjusts to the speed of your reading and density of the text. Also, ICE Book Reader Professional has support for bookmarks and the function of automatic memory of the last position on which the book was closed. For a better display, the text can be reformatted automatically. And a couple of other undoubted advantages of the program: it is free of charge for the citizens of the former USSR and the possibility of using it for reading books by voice.
- Own library of books with the ability to organize and search;
- The library is resistant to software failures, with minimal risk of losing information;
- compressing books to reduce the size of the database;
- Encryption support for books, high level of security;
- automatic color illumination of different parts of the book (headings, etc.);
- several advanced intellectual scrolling modes;
- function to lock screensavers and mask the mouse cursor;
- support for setting profiles;
- support for several speech engines;
- can be used as a teleprompter.