Operating system: Windows
Publisher: Jordan Rusell
Release : Inno Setup 5.5.9
Antivirus check: passed
Last revision: Last week
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. Established in 1997, Inno Setup is still competitive and even surpasses many commercial installers in terms of features and stability. Installations are created using scripts that are ASCII text files similar to .INI files. (No, it's not as difficult as you might think!) Scripts have the extension ".iss" (Inno Setup Script) and control every aspect of the installation. Determine which files should be installed and where, which labels should be created and how they should be named, and so on.
Script files are usually edited from Setup Compiler. Once you have finished writing the script, select "Compile" in Setup Compiler. After that, a ready-made installer will be created according to your scenario. To get an overview of how scripts work, run Setup Compiler, click File → Open and select one of the script files in the Samples subdirectory of the Inno Setup directory. Once you've read the sample scripts, you can easily create your own. Or you can use typical scripts as a template for yours.
- Extensive support of 64-bit applications installation on 64-bit Windows releases. Itanium architecture is supported;
- support for the creation of a single EXE;
- Disk coverage is also supported;
- A standard Windows 2000/XP style wizard interface;
- Customizable installation types, e.g. Full, Minimum and Custom;
- ready to uninstall;
- File installation includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2 and 7-Zip LZMA compression. The installer has the ability to compare information and file versions, replace files, install fonts, and register DLL/OCX;
- creating labels anywhere you want;
- creation of system registry entries and.INI files;
- Pascal's integrated scripting engine;
- multilingual installation support;
- support for password-protected and encrypted settings;
- Quiet installation and uninstallation;
- this utility has open source code (Delphi Borland 2.0-5.0).