Intel SSD Toolbox is an official program from Intel for testing and diagnosing solid state drives (SSDs). The program automatically detects the disks installed in the system and collects basic information about them. In general, Intel SSD Toolbox is designed to work with drives from Intel. They offer automatic speed optimization functions, a quick diagnostic tool, a secure data removal tool, and the ability to check and install new firmware versions. For third party SSDs, only SMART data and some other specifications are available.
In general, if you are not the owner of Intel SSD, this program is unlikely to "please" you with its functionality. Useful, except for the "System Adjuster" section. It provides tips to help speed up the drive's operation. For example, Intel SSD Toolbox may advise you to enable/disable certain system services and add SSDs to the exception list of the standard defragmentation tool.
Another useful feature that is only available for solid state drives is the calculation of the estimated lifetime of the drive. Using Intel's own algorithms, the Intel SSD Toolbox will be able to predict how long the specified SSD will last in the same mode before technical failures occur. Pay attention that for correct work of this function it is required to have at least 60 Gb of free space on the disk.
- is the official software for Intel SSDs;
- For SSDs from other manufacturers, only the technical information and SMART data collection functions are available;
- Includes Intel SSD optimization and quick diagnostic tool;
- is able to delete data in "safe" mode without the possibility of further recovery;
- can predict the remaining lifetime of the drives.