MPEG Streamclip is a small program that includes the functions of a player, converter and simple video editor. It can play video from a computer, CD/DVD discs, as well as streaming video and IP-TV. You can select an audio track during playback, and when streaming or watching IP-TV, you can manually enter packet identifiers (Video PIDs) to select channels.
Built-in converter supports a large number of formats (DV, AVI, MPEG-4, MOV, MP4), but it uses external codecs and for everything to work properly, you need QuickTime codec sets installed in the system. Additional options include bitrate and encoding/decoding levels, as well as audio sampling levels.
In addition, MPEG Streamclip allows you to perform simple editing operations: cut out fragments of movies, mark individual areas to be saved in the selected format, extract audio tracks, and correct the time shift. Unfortunately, judging by the date of the last release of Beta-version, in which the opportunity to play video from YouTube service appeared, the author stopped supporting and further development of the program.
- support for a large number of formats and the ability to integrate with the DreamBox;
- streaming video playback;
- quick opening of large files;
- the ability to convert all the videos as a whole or the marked fragments to another format;
- Built-in video editor for simple processing;