WinPatrol is a free utility for detecting and removing viruses, trojans, worms, keyloggers and other unwanted and dangerous software. WinPatrol also protects against dangerous and critical changes that occur in the system without your knowledge.
WinPatrol was the first product to use heuristic behavior analysis to identify attacks and violations in the system. Traditional computer security software scans your hard drive for known viruses, while WinPatrol captures critical system resources and alerts you to any changes. WinPatrol is able to remove new dangerous programs, while others will only update their antivirus databases.
WinPatrol helps you better understand the programs that are installed and run on your computer.
The free version of WinPatrol has full functionality in detecting and removing dangerous software, however, to fully protect your computer it is recommended to purchase WinPatrol PLUS.
- definition and neutralization of spyware adware;
- Detection and neutralization of viral infections and other dangerous software;
- Accelerate system operation and increase system performance;
- to delete operations that copy each other;
- stopping programs that repeatedly add themselves to the startup list when Windows starts;
- to stop and remove the most stubborn infections.
After installing and running WinPatrol, you may not receive any messages. The only visual change will be the presence of the WinPatrol icon in the system tray - Scotty. This means that WinPatrol is on your system's security guard and it will only manifest itself when the threat from dangerous software arises.