Adblock Plus is a popular extension for many browsers, designed to significantly improve the appearance of the displayed pages. Browse through any web pages and do not be distracted by anything else, because you will no longer see annoying advertising. All the banners on the program now take over. Until recently this extension was only available to Mozilla Firefox users. Recently, the beta version of Adblock Plus has also been available to Google Chrome supporters.
This extension will block almost all types of Internet advertising - Flash movies, banners, images of all formats, Java-applets and so on. Filter bases, where the program will block advertising, can be downloaded from special resources. In addition, if an advertisement does seep into the page, you can add it to the filters from the context menu. The filtering rules come into effect immediately, and all new open pages will no longer display advertisements that fall under these filters.
As you can see, the program is very easy to use and belongs to the category "installed and forgotten". That's why it's safe to recommend both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome (and all other browsers based on it that support the installation of extensions).
- does not change the page layout, only blocks advertising elements;
- Add any random block filters;
- adding filter lists using different resources;
- automatic update of filter bases with the possibility to disable unnecessary subscriptions;
- a special counter showing the number of blocked advertising elements on the page.