Ashampoo Driver Updater is a driver manager that helps you to keep your software up to date with a wide variety of system components. It finds driver updates for printers, scanners, USB drives, RAID controllers, webcams, monitors, sound cards, optical drives, motherboards, keyboards, mice, TV tuners, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapters, SCSI, and some portable devices connected to a computer. Developers from Ashampoo assure that their program uses the latest update databases and downloads software from official sources only.
When you start the program, it will automatically start scanning the system (without even asking for user permission). Ashampoo Driver Updater works pretty fast. After a few minutes, you will see a summary table in which the proposed updates will be sorted according to the device type. Of course, the program can find drivers that do not just need to be updated, but are not present in the system at all. They are installed automatically. Sometimes it may be necessary to restart Windows after the installation is complete.
Like any modern driver manager, Ashampoo Driver Updater is equipped with backup features. The program saves all the necessary files, registry keys and parameters into a single archive. In future drivers can be restored by pressing a couple of keys. Full use of Ashampoo Driver Updater is only possible after purchasing a license. The demo version has serious functional limitations.
- scans the system for obsolete and missing drivers;
- finds software for a wide variety of iron and peripheral applications;
- sort the search results by device type;
- can back up drivers and restore them with a couple of clicks;
- all operations are performed automatically (if licensed);
- sometimes requires Windows to be rebooted when the driver installation is complete;
- has a beautiful modern graphic shell.