Active Internet users who deal with online shopping and online banking need in-depth protection against viruses and other threats. avast! Internet Security provides full protection against all types of threats, including infected sites and frequent attempts to steal confidential information.
Internet Security has such units as antivirus, firewall, anti-sapam, smart scanner, code emulator, virtual environment for dangerous programs and much more. All of these modules provide comprehensive protection, in all aspects of your computing activities. The cleanliness of the system is ensured by scanning and checking all running programs. avast! Internet Security is able to identify all types of malicious codes, including the most dangerous ones - rootkits.
Network security is guaranteed by the presence of a powerful firewall, as well as control of email purity and file exchange via IM clients. Anti-spam, which works as a plugin for MS Outlook or a proxy server for other e-mail clients, will save you from annoying advertising messages.
- Anti-virus and antispyware: advanced scanning technologies provide reliable protection against viruses, spyware and other forms of malware;
- Real-time rootkit protection: rootkits are some of the most dangerous threats because in some cases they cannot be controlled by antivirus. To protect against such malware, avast! Internet Security checks all drivers and programs at the Kernel Mode level during the download phase, neutralizing them before they cause harm;
- avast! Sandbox: This is a feature that allows you to run vulnerable applications and knowingly suspicious echo files in a secure virtual environment. avast! Sandbox is a unique technology because it works on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems;
- avast! Community IQ: Most of the dangerous virus samples come from the behavioral analysis and anti-rootkit modules that are used throughout the entire community of Asast users! This is a unique source of data, which has appeared only due to the large number of users of this anti-virus product. Most virus samples are processed by automated processes and only a small part of them require separate consideration by the ahast specialists! Thus, viruses found in one user are not dangerous to others anymore;
- Code emulator: when colliding with suspicious executable files (standard scanning or "on-access" check), avast! is able to emulate the program code in an isolated environment. Emulation is used for two purposes. The first is an unpacking of a certain character, the second is in heuristic analysis. Technically, this is done using dynamic translation, a faster method than traditional emulation techniques;
- Identify potentially unwanted programs: avast! is now able to quickly identify unwanted programs such as remote administration tools and keyloggers. Special rules are provided in the antivirus for processing such programs;
- Quiet Firewall: The Firewall that avast! Internet Security comes with is able to control all outbound and inbound traffic. Protection is based on heuristic and behavioral analysis and a white list of known safe applications. The antivirus has three types of network settings that apply depending on the type of connection;
- Anti-spam: the new powerful spam and other unwanted messages filter works as a plugin for MS Outlook or as a POP3/IMAP4 proxy server for other e-mail clients;
- Scanning before booting: allows you to scan your computer for viruses before the system boots up and the viruses can be activated (only 32-bit systems);
- start scanning from the command line: start scanning the system for viruses directly from the command line;
- Wake up" the system to scan: if the system is in sleep mode, but avast! Internet Security will "wake up" the system for a scheduled scan, and then return it to standby mode;
- Scheduling of checks: allows users to specify the time of checks, as well as to select the files to be scanned;
- avast! Intelligent Scanner: This intelligent scanning engine can reduce scanning time by up to 80% thanks to a white list of proven secure applications and files. Files that have been identified as secure are not subject to re-examination unless they have been modified;
- Behavioral shield: monitors activity on your computer using multiple sensors (file system, registry and network) and reports/blocks suspicious behavior;
- Barrier to the file system: all opened/started files are automatically scanned;
- Email security: avast! Internet Security scans all incoming and outgoing messages for malware. A special plugin is used for MS Outlook. For other e-mail clients, protection is implemented as POP3/IMAP4/SMTP proxy servers. Since version 5.0 of the proxy also supports scanning SSL connections (gmail.com, sympatico.ca, ....);
- Web protection: the antivirus scans all visited web pages, as well as all downloaded files, pages and scripts. Thanks to the Intelligent Stream Scan function, scanning does not slow down the system;
- P2P shield: all files downloaded with P2P programs (from torrents) are scanned. These programs are supported: ABC, Ares, Azureus, BearShare, Bit Torrent, BitComet, BitLord, BitPump, CZDC++, Direct Connect, eDonkey, eMule, iDC++, iMesh, Kazaaa, Kceasy, LimeWire, Morpheus, Opera's DC++, Overnet, Qtrax, Shareaza, SoulSeek, StrongDC++, uTorrent, Vuze, WinMX, Winny2, Zultrax;
- Instant messaging client security: files downloaded with messengers are scanned: AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), Gadu-Gadu, gaim/Pidgin, Google Talk, ICQ, IM2 Messenger, Infium, Miranda, mIRC, MSN/Windows Messenger, Odigo, PalTalk Messenger, Psi Jabber Client, QIP, QQ, SIM, Skype, Tlen, Trillian, WengoPhone, XFire, Yahoo! Messenger;
- Network shield: provides protection against network threats. The module has two components: a URL blocker that blocks malicious Internet addresses, and a reliable system for blocking malicious code injection;
- protection against malicious scripts: checks malicious scripts on Internet pages and prevents them from running (only for Internet Explorer, and only for 32-bit systems);
- Intelligently updated antivirus databases: differential update system minimizes the size of update files;
- Silent/Gaming Mode: The new Silent/Gaming Mode automatically detects full-screen applications (e.g. games) and stops requesting actions without a critical need;
- Optimization for the new Core i7 processor: critical sections of the avast! Internet Security engine have been optimized for the latest processors for the highest scanning speed;
- Multithreaded scanning: on multi-core avast! Internet Security scans faster by splitting large files between multiple cores.