Buildbox is a program that allows you to create simple two-dimensional games without any programming knowledge. Due to the use of the cross-platform gaming engine Infinity Engine, this solution is the best suited for creating platforms that run on mobile and desktop operating systems. Buildbox user is free to create design levels, adjust lighting, characters, "place" awards, bonuses, enemies, set scripts, assign victory conditions and so on. Frankly speaking, working with Buildbox is not easy. An editor window with a huge number of controls, partitions and panels is likely to scare away users who have not previously used such solutions. So before launching, we recommend you to read the documentation, which, unfortunately, is presented only in English.
Forced to disappoint those who thought that making games even with a relatively simple solution like Buildbox would be a hymn. You will have to spend more than one day and week studying and testing the editor's capabilities. Besides, it is not superfluous to be able to draw simple models and backgrounds. In this case, you do not have to use graphical elements from the "standard" program set.
Those who were able to understand Buildbox features and create a game that would not be ashamed to show to the public, it will be useful to know that the program has detailed instructions for licensing and placement of projects in digital content stores (iTunes, Google Play, etc.).
- allows you to create simple two-dimensional games for mobile and desktop operating systems;
- uses the cross-platform engine Infinity Engine, which allows you to develop games for Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Windows Phone;
- does not require the user to have programming knowledge;
- contains detailed documentation in English;
- helps to place games in digital content stores.