CuneiForm is a text recognition program for scanned documents. Despite the fact that it is free, the developers promise good functionality. The program allows you to recognize text in 20 languages and works with different printed fonts.
CuneiForm recognizes scans from books, newspapers, and dot matrix printers and presses. The recognition mechanisms of the program allow you to recover text from bad quality scans (or scans of bad documents). The program is also capable of qualitatively recognizing tables, and to improve the quality of the recognized text is used the comparison of words with the dictionary, the volume of which can be expanded.
- Instant recognition of text and tables of any complexity, preserving the structure of the document and the original formatting;
- correct recognition of any printed fonts;
- Dictionary check of the material to be scanned to improve text quality;
- Qualitative recognition of texts, even from corrupted media (old photocopies, faxes and matrix printers);
- support for more than 20 different languages.