GOM Media Player is one of the world's most popular video and audio players with built-in codecs. It has a lot of interesting functions from the user's point of view and very wide opportunities to set up. The developers of the program were guided by the principles of ease of use of the program. It's safe to say they did it.
One of the most convenient and useful features of this player is the Codec Finder service. If you try to view or listen to any exotic file format that GOM Media Player does not include a codec for, this feature will automatically find and install the missing codec. You won't have to perform any complicated actions on your own search, installation and setup of codec. Therefore, it is possible to state without excessive modesty that at present it is the most "omnivorous" player in the market. By the way, the number of people using this player for their needs is close to 50 million in dozens of countries around the world.
In addition to simple file playback, GOM Media Player includes several more sophisticated features, such as taking screenshots from any video, superimposing various effects and filters, managing playback speed, and the like. The interface of this program can be changed to your liking by downloading and installing external design themes.
Updating GOM Media Player
To update the program to the current version, you can use the "Update" button in the program interface (Preferences → General → Updates → Update). If you are notified that you are using the latest version of the program, but you are sure it is not, wait a while and try again.
- built-in codecs;
- Display the image on external display devices (dual-monitor configuration);
- playback of corrupted or partially downloaded files;
- playing DVDs;
- very smooth video playback;
- is not demanding on system resources;
- Bookmark management within any movie for quick return;
- support for external themes;
- a built-in equalizer;
- Adjust any image and sound settings;
- wide use of hotkeys;
- automatic search of missing codec on the Internet;
- support for the following video formats: flv,mp4, mov, mpg, ts, avi, divx, asx, wmv, m4v, dat, ifo, vob, 3gp/3gp2, rm/rmvb, mkv, ogm;
- audio playback support for the following audio formats: mp3, .m4a, .aac, .ogg;
- support for playback of the following subtitle formats: .smi, .srt, .rt, .sub (width IDX);
- support playback of the following playlist formats: .asx, .pls.