This package includes the latest build of the famous MPlayer, ported to the Windows platform, and a convenient graphical shell.
Thanks to the MPlayer engine, which has repeatedly won prestigious international awards, the player is able to support more than 192 video and 85 audio codecs. For maximum performance, the installer includes optimized builds for different processor types and a package with additional codecs.
This whole set is packed in one file for convenience.
Included in the package:
MPlayer for Win32, SVN-r25803 (2008-01-19);
SMPlayer shell from RVM, v0.5.62 (SVN-r693);
MPUI shell from Martin Fiedler, v1.2-pre3 (Build 38);
Codec package for MPlayer (2007-10-07);
NSIS installer, v2.34.
- The award-winning OpenSource MPlayer media player is now also available for the Windows platform;
- a separate all-in-one installer (NSIS);
- Support for more than 192 video and 85 audio codecs initially;
- the latest optimized MPlayer builds from Celtic Druid;
- an improved version of the MPUI shell (compiled with Delphi7 Pro);
- binary codec package for Windows (included only in the full package);
- Full multilingual support for Unicode (more than 20 languages);
- optimized to work on processors: Athlon-XP, Athlon-64, Core 2, Pentium-4, Pentium-4 Precott, Pemtium-M;
- standard build, running on all processors (autodetection during installation).