ICQ is a well-known messenger designed for messaging between users from different corners of the globe. In addition to the standard window with contacts and chat, the program has the functions of dialing a phone number, sending free SMS-messages and video calls, and displays weather conditions. To register your account, you will need to create an account on the developer's website. Then you can invite your friends and acquaintances through the contacts menu to communicate over the network.
One of the main advantages of this messenger is the ability to deliver messages even offline. Among the secondary functions there is an alarm clock (creates the effect of shaking for chat windows) and "multitasking". The latter are animated smileys that can only be seen by ICQ or Mail.ru Agent users. Many companies have tried to replace the ICQ. However, only Skype developers have managed to do so to some extent. But despite this fact and the existence of a huge number of similar utilities, ICQ still has more users who prefer this particular IM client. "The ICQ has initiated convenient communication on the Internet, so the authors have all the cards in their hands to consolidate the success of this program through new useful features.
- a nice chat window with a change of status;
- audio and video links;
- the ability to group contacts;
- blacklist" (or ignore sheet);
- sending and receiving messages offline;
- Setting up a personal profile or contact menu;
- Change the theme or color scheme of the main interface;
- change of accounts;
- file transfer;
- Absence of advertising (there is only a separate tab inside the "Home page" with games from Mail.ru);
- the ability to import message history from QIP or Miranda;
- RAM consumption of 60 MB and more;
- integration with VKontakte, Google Talk, Google Mail, Facebook, Yahoo!
- communication with mobile platform users;
- Restore your password via mobile phone bindings or e-mail.