Intel Chipset Device Software is a driver suite for the Intel architecture chipset-based motherboard category. Drivers are aimed at ensuring the functioning and optimization of such elements of the board as PCI-Express, PCI, AGP, USB, IDE loops and other system components. The driver is a set of INF-files that identify a component, its configuration and conditions of its correct functioning. The driver also installs the necessary ISAPNP, Core PCI, hard drive support service devices (hard drives) such as ATA/SATA /IDE into the system. The driver provides connected and built-in USB inputs and identifies Intel Chipsets components in the Device Manager.
As a rule, the Chipset drivers package is installed on Windows immediately over the bare operating system. Intel Chipset Software contains the information needed to install other chip drivers (e.g. video card or IDE bus drivers). The number of chipsets supported by the software depends on the specific driver version. This type of software is usually included with the motherboard that is compatible with Intel products.
- mandatory driver set for motherboards on Intel chipsets;
- ensure correct operation of PCI/PCI exp/AGP/IDE/USB components;
- are necessary for the system to recognize other chips and correctly install the drivers on them;
- a large set of supported chipsets;
- multilingual installation interface.