MapSource is a proprietary program from Garmin, designed to download maps and upload them to GPS-navigators of the above company. In fact, the application is a full-fledged editor that allows not only to download but also to work with maps. Right in the program's shell you can create routes, save them in memory, create settings profiles and set up waypoints. For greater intuition and comfort, MapSource includes an advanced search engine that makes it easy to find the address you need on the map you're viewing. You can also use the built-in zoom tools to find the desired point. The program downloads maps directly from the official website. Unfortunately, you have to pay for their download, but the program itself is distributed free of charge. One should also note the very ergonomic and well thought-out interface of the program. All the most useful and frequently used tools are placed on a separate panel, and other functions are logically grouped into special tabs. All of your downloaded maps are conveniently sorted by region. They can also be sorted by size and download date. What's especially nice is that together with the software, a universal driver will be installed on your computer, allowing you to work with any Garmin navigator model without any problems.
- allows you to easily load and edit maps;
- has a simple and clear interface;
- allows you to create routes with waypoints and save settings profiles;
- conveniently sorts the cards you've uploaded;
- is compatible with all Garmin navigation models;
- supports the address search function;
- is distributed completely free of charge.