Nessus is an effective application that allows you to scan all network services used by your computer for vulnerabilities. The program allows you to test firewalls, network screens, filtering routers and other services responsible for system security when connecting to the network.
The toolkit has a number of tools to perform complex analysis, and two scanning methods are used at once. The first is a standard set of testing algorithms that allows you to detect outdated versions of services, any errors in configurations, as well as blank or ineffective passwords. The second method mimics the attacker's actions by testing protection and finding the remaining unprotected areas. It is worth noting that the utility works on the principle of client-server, which allows you to expand the already good opportunities to analyze the network security of your computer. In addition, there is support for a special NASL language, with the help of which you can write your own test algorithms or view and upgrade third-party ones.
- Comprehensive scanning of your computer's network security;
- the presence of a scanning method that imitates the attacker's actions;
- Extension of functionality with the help of plug-ins;
- the ability to write your own algorithms using the built-in language;
- Flexible adjustment of the program to the system resources;
- free distribution of the program.