Python is a modern, interpretable, object-oriented, high-level programming language. However, it would be more correct to call Python a multiparadigmic language, because in addition to the OOP it copes quite well with structural programming and functional, as well as imperative and aspect oriented. Python can work on most systems - Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Thanks to its simplicity and convenience in writing code, Python will be perfect for beginners who make their first steps in programming. And thanks to its power and functionality, it will be an excellent tool to help solve the tasks in the hands of a professional. The main distinguishing features of Python are absence of explicit declaration of variables, "garbage collection" - automatic system of memory cleaning and management, simple and clear syntax. Writing code is defined by the PEP8 document which describes rules and recommendations on compliance with the maximum readability of the code. Python doesn't have any operator brackets or line termination characters. Here, each end of the string is the end of the instruction if you do not use a special character to move the string, and blocks are allocated with 4 spaces or tabs. An extensive standard library is also built into the basic kit. And with the help of plug-in external libraries, which are very much, you can quickly develop any program from simple scripts to HTTP servers and scientific developments.
Python's delivery package includes a convenient and simple IDLE development environment. Among its main functions are syntax highlighting, console, PY files creation, script launching and debugging.
Interesting fact: Python is used as the main scripting language in Google.
- a high-level programming language;
- support for several programming paradigms;
- does not require explicit declaration of variables;
- a clear code and design rules;
- automatic memory management;
- a large number of plug-in libraries;
- a developed and active language community;
- free distribution and use in any projects;
- Simple IDLE development environment included;
- continued development and improvement of the language;
- Django framework for creating web applications;
- libraries to create an interface;
- suitable for beginners.