SopCast is a peer-to-peer (P2P) technology that allows you to watch video over the Internet. The principle of operation of the system is similar to that of Bit-Torrent technology, when all content transfer takes place in a decentralized manner. While you are watching a broadcast or listening to radio from the Internet, you are simultaneously broadcasting this material to the network. In addition to watching TV shows and listening to the radio, using SopCast Player, you can also create your own unlimited number of channels with SopCast. You don't need to have powerful equipment to do this, but you can broadcast it exactly the same way.
When you start the program you will see a list of available channels on a special tab. In addition, you can transfer the video playback to your favorite player, such as VLC, KMplayer or any other player. If you didn't think there were enough programs available to watch, you can easily find a lot of SopCast broadcasts on the Internet and forget about the brakes when watching video!
- stable and affordable broadcasting thanks to P2P technology;
- High speed, fast caching and low latency when starting broadcasting;
- the possibility of creating your own broadcasting channel;
- possibility of broadcasting from a file on a local hard disk (in formats asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3 and others), including the possibility of continuous cyclic playback;
- The universal format of Internet addresses for broadcasting protocol is sop://;
- low consumption of system resources by the program;
- the ability to record broadcasting to a hard drive;
- Transmit online to any of the players installed in the system;
- Tracking the quality of the broadcast source and connection for the best quality;
- the program is free and does not contain advertising;
- Support for many different platforms and operating systems