Subtitle Edit is a subtitle editor. With this program you will be able to synchronize subtitles with the video, as well as create new subtitles. Subtitle Edit allows you to import subtitles (including OCR), merge and split them into several fragments, adjust their encoding and frame rate, translate them from one language to another and much more. Users can use the regular expression search and replacement functions, extract audio tracks from movies and export subtitles to text, binary or graphic formats.
This application allows you to automatically translate subtitles with the help of Google's online services and Multi Translator, and can also correct many common mistakes - remove unnecessary line breaks and spaces, change the case of letters, add missing quotes, etc. You can also use Subtitle Edit to subtitle spelling. The program already has a dictionary for checking English words, and the program allows you to use Open Office dictionaries to check spelling in other languages. Using Subtitle Edit, you can even collectively translate subtitles over the Internet.
- creation and editing of subtitles;
- subtitle synchronization;
- translation of subtitles (including - collective, via the Internet, as well as - automatic, through the service Google Translate);
- automatic removal of common errors (extra spaces, line breaks, etc.);
- Import and export of subtitles;
- OCR subtitle support;
- Spell-checking (Open Office dictionaries are supported).