Virtual CD is designed to create images of any optical disks, so you can access your data at any time without having the disk at hand. In addition to convenience, this is extremely useful in the event that your optical drive is damaged, lost or stolen. The Virtual CD creates images in the widely used ISO format with the ability to add any comments and descriptions to each of them.
For data access, disk images can be mounted on one of several virtual drives. Each virtual drive will have its own letter in the system. With the new Data safe feature, you can create encrypted disk images for secure storage of sensitive data. Encrypted disk images work just like normal disk images.
Starting from version 10, Virtual CD can burn images of discs as well as any data to optical discs. This eliminates the need to use other programs to record discs. When copying audio data discs, it is possible to set up audio transcoding to OGG Vorbis or MP3 format.
- the ability to create up to 23 virtual drives;
- an unlimited number of virtual CDs for burning to disk;
- editor for creating virtual CDs with any content;
- Automatic recognition of title, album and artist for audio CDs;
- support for DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, Photo-CD and CD-Text formats;
- Easy to use, simplified copy mode for inexperienced users;
- Virtual CDs can be organized in folders;
- Import of ISO images of discs;
- improved data compression;
- Refer to the virtual CDs that are available on the network;
- Support for up to 99 audio CD tracks;
- editing of existing virtual CDs;
- Virtual CDs can be password protected against unauthorized access.