AkelPad is a great text editor that can replace the standard Windows Notepad. Notebook is sometimes uncomfortable because of some limitations in functionality. AkelPad is designed to fill these gaps. It is well suited for creating and processing simple text documents and can be used for HTML page development, programming, etc.
AkelPad has advantages in working with Unicode and it is recommended to install TrueType fonts (such as Courier New) to make full use of this feature. If you want more opportunities to work with text editor - try Notepad++.
AkelPad offers advanced functionality, including Unicode support, which makes it ideal for programming and HTML development.
- working with one or more windows at the same time;
- editing files that are larger than 64K in size (theoretically, the file size is not limited);
- full support of Unicode strings in Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003);
- support for Unicode code pages (UTF-16 little endian, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-8);
- support for any code pages installed in the system;
- preview during the opening of the file;
- correct display of pseudographs (of pseudographics characters);
- Editing files with Read Only attribute;
- notification when trying to open a binary file;
- operation to cancel actions in several levels;
- search and replacement of text strings. Search is available by hexadecimal character code;
- memorizing the code page of the file;
- memorizing the location of the pointer (carriage) in the file;
- memorizing the last search query;
- memorizing the last open file;
- a printout of documents;
- support for all language modules;
- plugin support (syntax highlighting, script execution, keyboard macros, etc.)