AMD Clean Uninstall Utility is a program that completely cleans your computer from previously installed AMD Catalyst drivers and prepares it for clean installation. It carefully cleans not only the hard drive, but also the registry, removing all traces that may remain in the system after a standard uninstallation.
In addition to uninstalling the graphics driver, the program is compatible with USB drivers and audio devices, chipsets, as well as with additional software tools such as HYDRAVISION and Control Center. Once the uninstallation process is complete, it compiles a detailed report and saves it to the executive file folder. By the way, AMD Clean Uninstall Utility does not require installation to run. The program works in a portable mode, but we do not recommend to start it from removable media.
AMD Clean Uninstall Utility also lacks a familiar graphical shell. After the EXE-file is started, a window opens with a proposal to start the cleaning process. After the agreement on the part of the user, the program starts working in the background mode, without displaying a visual progress indicator. Usually cleaning takes about 1-2 minutes, after which AMD Clean Uninstall Utility will notify you of the completion and offer to view the report. The developer strongly recommends not to perform any operations with the computer while the cleaning process is in progress.
The program is available free of charge. It is an official solution from AMD and is compatible with any version of software released by this manufacturer.
- completely and completely uninstall the Catalyst drivers and all traces of their presence in the system;
- Removal of the HYDRAVISION and Control Center;
- software support for graphics adapters, USB devices, audio devices and chipsets;
- Preparation of a detailed report on the operations performed;
- Lack of progress indicator and no graphical shell at all;
- working in a portable mode;
- Compatible with any AMD driver version.