BitDefender Free Edition is your chance to try one of the most effective antivirus mechanisms in the world for free. BitDefender Free Edition uses the same ICSA Labs-certified scanning mechanisms used in other SoftWin BitDefender products, allowing you to enjoy fundamental antivirus protection absolutely free of charge.
BitDefender Free Edition is a on-demand virus scanner that is best used in system recovery or secondary, control roles. If you have a permanent connection to the Internet, we strongly recommend that you consider using a more sophisticated antivirus solution. Since the version of BitDefender Free Edition does not have an anti-virus monitor that constantly monitors the behavior of the operating system and programs, and scans all incoming traffic from the Internet. BitDefender Free Edition can only scan disks, folders or files that you specify to it. But he's gonna do his job with an A-plus.
A distinctive feature of BitDefender Free Edition is its excellent work with various program packers and archivers. This antivirus can be used in critical cases to scan suspicious files received from dubious sources. BitDefender Free Edition will dismantle any program or archive of any nesting level, get to the very end, "to the bottom", and will definitely detect malicious code if it is present there.
The ideal solution as a second control antivirus. Perfectly coexists in systems with other anti-virus complexes, for example, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, NOD 32, Avira, Avast, etc.
- The antivirus module can ensure that all viruses are detected and removed. BitDefender Antivirus uses reliable scanning mechanisms certified by ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, Checkmark, CheckVir, etc.
Improved proactive detection:
- B-HAVE (Behavioral Heuristic Analyzer in Virtual Environments) emulator;
- A virtual "computer in the computer" where pieces of software are placed to check them for the potential presence of malware. This proprietary BitDefender technology provides a new level of protection that protects the operating system from unknown viruses by detecting parts of malicious code for which virus signatures have not yet been released.
Scanning for Spyware and cleaning:
- BitDefender can view your system, or part of it, for known spyware threats. The view uses a constantly modified database of spyware signals.
New privacy protection:
- Privacy guard scans HTTP (network) and SMTP (e-mail) traffic coming out of your computer to prevent leakage of personal information such as credit card numbers, passwords, etc.
Improved deployment and use:
- The Installation Wizard runs immediately after installation, helping users select the appropriate update settings, set up the Auto Scan Scheduler, and provide an easy and quick path for registering and activating the program.
Better use of user experience:
- BitDefender has redesigned all previous experience, providing ease of use and preventing user interference. As a result, the BitDefender v10 modules require much less user interaction, using intelligent automation and machine learning.
- your copy of BitDefender will be updated 24 times a day directly via the Internet or through a proxy server. The program is able to recover itself if necessary by downloading damaged or missing files from BitDefender servers. Licensees of BitDefender products benefit from free virus updates and free software updates.
New detection and removal of rootkits:
- The new BitDefender module searches for rootkits (malicious programs designed for hidden management of victim computers) and removes them when detected.