Dia is a simple open source application for drawing and editing diagrams. The program gives you only what you need to create a design of a certain level and does not burden you with unnecessary functionality and information. Unlike commercial Windows "Visio", it is not aimed at creating official documentation, but rather at working use.
- Dia can be used to create different kinds of diagrams;
- Currently, the program includes special objects designed to create block diagrams of program algorithms, database diagrams, network diagrams in the field of electrics, hydraulics and programming;
- Dia allows you to add written support for new forms of simple XML files, using a subset of SVGs to create shapes;
- in Dia, you can download and save charts in custom XML format (files are compressed by default to save space);
- The application allows you to export charts in various formats, including EPS, SVG, Xfig, WMF and PNG;
- Dia allows you to print documentation, including multi-page documentation.