The Hard Disk Serial Number Changer is a small portable utility that allows you to change the serial numbers of SSD and HDD volumes. And this very number can be entered manually or let the program generate it independently. No special knowledge is required to work with it. When the user has finished, they will only need to reboot the computer.
Let's explain at once that by serial number we mean "Volume ID" which is assigned to the disk during formatting. Changing the "Serial Number" that is written to the drive's chips in the factory is a much more complex process that cannot be performed without damaging the drive's hardware.
So, why do you need to change your Volume ID? Most often it is used by people who want to bypass the protection of some programs and games, which is attached to the volume number. The use of such binding, along with binding as MAC-address, is quite normal practice among software developers. That is, if you replace Volume ID, you can theoretically "reset" the trial period of some programs (but not all of them). But there's a downside to the medal. Valid licenses are also bound to the volume serial number. Thus, by paying a fair price for a program's license and activating it on your computer, you have every chance of losing activation after using the Hard Disk Serial Number Changer. So use the program at your own risk only!
- Change volume number (Volume ID) in just a few clicks;
- possibility of independent selection of the required number, as well as its generation in automatic mode;
- Launch from portable media without installation on the computer;
- a handy volume selector;
- brief instructions for selecting the correct number;
- the need to restart the computer to apply the changes;
- a very simple and intuitive interface.