Lantern is a program that helps you access sites that are not available in your country for any reason. To do this, it uses its own, rather fast, web proxy and Chrome browser (the program will not work with any other browser). When connecting to the server, reliable encryption algorithms are used to make surfing secure and you anonymous.
How does Lantern differ from other proxies and VPN services? The answer is simple - speed! The program provides really high speed of data transfer, which will be enough for comfortable viewing of streaming video (even in ultra-high resolution) and downloading of "heavy" files. Unfortunately, in the free version the amount of traffic consumed is very limited. Only a few hundred megabytes are allocated per month, which is unlikely to be enough for any active user of the network. That's why when downloading Lantern it is worth remembering that at the end of free traffic you will have to buy a subscription, and quite expensive. Those who are ready to put up with the relatively low speed of connection to blocked resources, we can recommend free extensions Hola and ZenMate.
It should be noted that Lantern subscription can be used not only on a desktop client, but also on Android. The application for this operating system allows you to connect to a proxy as quickly as possible and works not only with Chrome, but also with any other software. Using Lantern on both platforms is as easy as possible. The Windows version does not even have the usual graphical shell, and the interaction with the service is done through a web interface.
- High speed of connection to paid proxy, providing comfortable viewing of streaming video and downloading of "heavy" files;
- bypassing regional restrictions of any web services;
- working exclusively "paired" with Chrome;
- Secure encryption of transmitted data;
- to change the real IP address;
- availability of a mobile application for Android. Desktop and mobile versions work on a single subscription.