MilkShape 3D (MS3D) is a free, low-polygonal 3D object editor. Most commonly, MS3D is used to create or edit 3D models for computer games such as Blockland, Half-Life, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and so on. MS3D is quite simple and multifunctional. You can perform various operations with 3D objects, as well as build models and create skeletal animations. If you need to design, for example, a bot model for Counter Strike, then MS3D is what you need. The program weighs a little, is installed quickly and can compete with any professional 3D modeling package. Originally MilkShape 3D editor was created for Half-Life, but later it was decided to add support for many other projects. Now MS3D supports about 40 different formats, game engines and applications.
- contains all elements necessary for work, creation and management of three-dimensional models: moving, rotating, rotating of sides, selection, scaling;
- allows to make any kinds of modeling from modeling at the level of vertices and sides to modeling of the most complicated objects;
- the program contains ready-made standard objects such as sphere, cylinder, cube, plane, vertex and so on. When exporting ready-made models, 70 file formats are available;
- for exporting models, the supported formats include the main game engines: id Tech, Unreal Engine, Lithtech, Source;
- The program weighs a little, is installed quickly and can compete with any other 3D modeling program.